Like most of us, we’re keeping a close eye on updates around the COVID-19 situation and will continue to do so to preserve the health and well-being of our people and the people we interact with.
This includes our employees (permanent and casual) plus job seekers, our clients and suppliers.
As the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic continues to rapidly escalate in Australia and around the world, we want to update you on the measures Industrial Recruitment Partners has implemented and will be putting in place to safeguard our community and enable business continuity throughout this period.
Current Status of COVID-19
Business continuity – impact on services provided
The only real certainty at the moment is that things are changing, literally by the minute. Our business structure is agile, adaptable and enables us to respond in the best possible way to situations as they unfold. The core focus areas are:
- Maintaining the health & welfare of our employees
- Protecting clients and candidates from potential infection
- Practicing social distancing and following recommended hygiene guidelines, both at work and outside of work
IRP is maintaining all our recruitment and payrolling services as normal and subject to any Government directive, do not foresee any interruption to our business now or in the future.
No impact to normal services
- Weekly payment of candidate wages
- Temporary recruitment, including last minute staffing needs
- Candidate marketing
- Skills testing
- DISC profiling
- CV writing
- Face to face interviews to be replaced by in depth phone and/or Skype or other video options
- Client site visits limited to only those that are absolutely necessary and by permission only
- Supply of PPE maybe delayed and involve special collection/delivery arrangements
We’re pleased to report that so far, no infections have occurred on any of our client (host employer) sites. Our casual employees, working on a host employer site, are instructed to follow our guidelines as well as our host employers’ guidelines.
Candidates are reminded that they must report any symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath. See Know the Signs Health Warning COVID -19. We’re running regular communications to remind employees to notify us of any symptoms or changes to their health and overall wellbeing.
All our main office number, mobile numbers and email addresses are fully active and operational throughout this period, there will be no foreseeable distribution to these methods of communication.
Our employees (permanent and casual) will not be allowed to travel internationally or domestically for work purposes until further notice.
Minimise risk of transmission
In our office we have implemented control measures as recommended by Government Health Department. These include:
- Installed hand sanitisers at the entrance to our office.
- Requested employees to exercise good hygiene practices including washing hands often with soap and seek medical advice if required.
- Increased frequency of surface cleaning in common areas such as reception, meeting rooms, kitchen and bathrooms.
- Not to share cutlery and cups.
One important form of protection against the virus is practising good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough hygiene:
It is a challenging time for everyone, and IRP is committed to working with our people, customers, suppliers, stakeholders and the relevant authorities to listen, take advice and importantly, take decisive action to help all of us through this period.
We follow and recommend information from trusted organisations and Government who are leading the response.
- Federal Government – Coronavirus 2019 information
- WA Government information on Coronavirus COVID-19
- WA Government Pandemic Plan (pdf)
- WA COVID 19 Clinics
- WA COVID-19 Clinics FAQs
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus disease (COVID – 19)
Should you have any questions or need further information about how we are managing aspects of our business and the delivery of your services, please feel free to contact us on 9477 7999.
We will continue to keep you updated on the situation and thank you in advance for your continued support and understanding.
Industrial Recruitment Partners