We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information (“Personal Information“). We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
In the course of your using of the website, we may collect your Personal Information such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, sex, contact details, sizing details, and credit payment details for any goods or services you purchase from us or engage us to provide.
We may also collect the following information for marketing purposes and to improve the functionality of the website:
- your server address;
- domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the pages viewed and information downloaded;
- the previous sites visited; and
- the type of browser
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information using various means such as:
- directly from you e.g. through the website, membership or application forms;
- from public domain e.g. your business website;
- from social media networks where we have a connection e.g. facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter;
- from your business partners/associates;
- by your usage of the website e.g. the pages that you visit, what links you
3. How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- to send information updates, marketing materials and newsletters to you;
- we may disclose your Personal Information to other businesses who assist us in providing goods and services or who perform functions on our behalf;
- to verify your identity and membership status;
- to conduct credit checks (if necessary);
- to improve our goods and services, our website and directory
4. To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties but only on a needs basis and for purposes contemplated by your use of the website. These third parties may include:
- our agents or contractors;
- email marketing providers such as MailChimp;
- our related entities;
- our professional
When we disclose your Personal Information with a third party, we will require the third party to handle your Personal Information in accordance this policy.
We strive to ensure the security of your Personal Information and we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from:
- from misuse, interference and loss; and
- from unauthorised access, modification or
We will review and update our physical and data security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over mobile data and communication services can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
In addition, our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
We will do everything reasonably within our power and control to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from any unauthorised use or access to your Personal Information.
6. Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information held by us largely depends on the accuracy of the information that you supplied to us. If at any time you discover that any information concerning you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us to correct the information.
From time to time, we may send emails containing marketing materials or promotions of our services to you. By your use of the website, you consent to us doing so. However, you may unsubscribe from these marketing materials at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option or by sending an email to us. We will remove you from the mailing list.
8. Access to your Personal Information and Complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the matter very seriously. If you have any concerns about your privacy or how your Personal Information is being handled, please contact us at service@IRP.net.au.
We will take steps to address your concerns and we aim to provide you with a written response within 21 days (and in any event within 30 days). If you have a genuine reason to access your Personal Information held by us, we will give access to the information in the manner you requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.